Scroll to the links below to access the Discipleship Survey, a tool that can help you understand where you are on your discipleship journey! There is a version for kids as well!
You will also find links to help you explore spiritual gifts, God-given gifts for living faithfully as Christian disciples, to help you explore meaningful ways to use your gifts in connection with others through the community of faith.
As we seek to grow and mature as disciples of Jesus Christ, it is important to have an understanding of what a disciple is.
A disciple is a follower of Jesus Christ who is committed to:
- Being Part of the Body of Christ
- A life of Worship - spending time with God alone and in community
- A life of Hospitality -making meaningful connections with all others
- Becoming More Like Jesus
- A life opening to Jesus -experiencing spiritual disciplines to know God more deeply
- A life abiding in Jesus- adjusting our lifestyles to reflect the kinds of choices Jesus would make
- Joining Jesus in Ministry
- A life of Service - making ourselves available sacrificially to others
- A life of Generosity- giving of ourselves sacrificially to support God’s work in the world
The journey of discipleship is unique to each person. As we grow in Christ we will experience different phases of growth: Searching for Meaning, Exploring, Beginning, Deepening/Growing, Maturing.
The East Ohio Conference of the United Methodist Church is providing our congregation an online resource that you can use to help you discern where you are on your faith journey and what next steps might be helpful to you. To access the online Discipleship Survey, use the link listed below. Once your log in is created, you simply log in with your email and password to refer back to your results or take the survey again. Only you will be able to view your personal profile and results.
- Visit Discipleship Survey and enter our conference code: PEACEJOYLOVE.
- Create your account by entering your email address and creating a password.
- Choose our district – Tuscarawas, and our church – North Canton Faith from the drop down lists.
- Click the blue “Sign Up” button.
- Use the ‘Click Here’ link on the next screen to continue and enter the email and password you created to log in.
- Click the ‘Edit Profile’ button to select the group(s) to which you belong. Ex. Adult Group Participant, Ministry Council, Adult, Children or Youth Leader, etc. Just choose ‘Yes’ for all the groups that apply to you.
- Click the “Take Survey” button to take the discipleship survey. Be sure to click the “Submit Survey” button when you are finished so you can review your results. Log back in any time to review your results. Retake the survey at a later date to measure changes over time.
The resources mentioned in the Next Steps portion of your survey results are available in Faith United Library, along with additional resources recommended by Faith United Pastors and Staff. Please contact Faith's Spiritual Formation Director, Kathy Schmucker, for more information.
Spiritual gifts are not our talents or skills. They are the grace of God at work within us, empowering us to match our deep passions with the world’s deep need. The gifts are given to individuals, but they are given to build and strengthen community and to meet the needs of those around us.
The Spiritual Gifts Assessment helps individuals identify their God-given gifts for living faithfully as Christian disciples’ day by day and find meaningful ways to use their gifts in connection with others through the community of faith. The process helps people understand the nature of spiritual gifts and ways to enhance the effectiveness of their gifts by linking together with others.
Please know that this online assessment is designed to introduce you to the gifts of the Spirit. To more deeply understand your spiritual giftedness, we recommend that you explore your gifts in a group setting.
Click here to learn more about spiritual gifts and take the UMC Spiritual Gifts Assessment.
Want to learn more? Contact Kathy Schmucker, Faith United's Spiritual Formation Director!
Discipleship Ministries is an agency of The United Methodist Church, Discipleship Ministries helps local church, district, and conference leaders fulfill the shared dream of making world-changing disciples. More information can be found at Discipleship Ministries.