Celebrate Holy Week and Easter
Abundant, expansive grace. The Bible is brimming with a gospel of grace. This year, we issue the invitation into a full life, a radically different life. This is a invitation to be authentically who you are, to counter scarcity and injustice, and to spread love lavishly.
Holy Week Services and Opportunities
Palm/Passion Sunday - Even the Stones Cry Out
April 10 at 8:30 a.m. and 11:00 a.m.
Children’s Palm Procession at both services.
Welcome Jesus by donating new sheets, pillows, blankets for Hartville Migrant Ministry or new or clean and gently used coats for Faith Kitchen. Click here for additional requested items.
'Twas the Morning of Easter Outdoor StoryWalk
April 10 – 17 (Outdoor, Self-Guided StoryWalk)
Walk through the story of Easter as you walk the church lawn. Exercise body, mind, and spirit as you explore the meaning of Easter, beginning outside the main church entrance. Perfect for kids and kids at heart!
Holy Week Prayer Stations
April 10 – 17 (Faith United Chapel, Self-Guided)
Experience Jesus’ journey to the cross through scripture, prayer, and reflection. Stations of the Cross is a prayer experience for all ages. Available during church office and activity hours.
Visio Divina Holy Week Art Reflection
Tuesday, April 12 at 7:00 p.m. via Zoom
Meditate and reflect on Full to the Brim Holy Week art images.
Wednesday Dinner Worship
April 13 at 5:45 p.m.
Join us for an evening of fun, food, faith, and fellowship! Enjoy a great meal and mid-week worship socially distanced in Robinson Hall.
Groups for adults, youth, and kids follow worship. Childcare available during adult group times.
The Easter Story
Wednesday, April 13 at 6:30 p.m.
Join us for this interactive sensory rich worship experience and celebration of the resurrection!
Take off Your Shoes, Maundy Thursday
April 14 at 7:00 p.m.
Remove the walls and protective layers you have built up. Allow yourself to be loved fully by God. Allow yourself to be filled to the brim so you can go out and fill others too.
Two Faces: A Dramatic Dialogue, Good Friday
April 15 at 7:00 p.m.
The intense drama centers around events leading to Christ’s crucifixion as remembered and discussed in a powerful dialogue between Simon Peter and Judas Iscariot, played by Eli Costello and Stephen Richards.
- Lent Kits with materials and devotions for Lent and Easter for all ages, a vase for our Lent worship series, and many other resources are available at the Gathering Area Book Resource Table.
- Lent Devotion Booklets and Lenten Daily Prayer Cards are available by emailing Kathy Schmucker. Limited print copies can be picked up at the church.
Lent for Children
Children learn about Lent in a variety of ways through worship engagement and group experiences.
- Sunday School Activities and Bible Stories in the Gathering Area on Sunday mornings between 9:30–11:00 a.m.
- Wednesday Wonder Kids follow Wednesday Dinner Worship at 6:30–7:30 p.m., Kids in grades K-5 learn about God through Bible stories, games, crafts, activities, art, and mission projects.
- Little Wonders Wednesdays at 6:30–7:30 p.m., where kids 5 and under learn about God in a loving, caring environment.
- Sunday School Home activities featuring Lent family activities are available by email each week.
- Lent Kits are available for families with suggestions for Lent activities such as calendars, crafts, recipes, art, and Bible stories.