Lent 2023 - Seeking
This Lenten series is founded on questions. Many of our weekly questions feel restorative (“Can these bones live?”). Some feel like a charge or challenge (“Who will you listen to?”). Some questions are hopeful and curious (“How do we begin again?”). Our questions won't necessarily lead to answers, but they can help you find clarity and a new perspective. Ultimately, we pray they lead to a new beginning, a restoration, a wider grace.
Like the characters in our Lenten scriptures, we are also seeking many things: clarity, connection, wonder, justice, balance. We are seeking our calling, the sacred, and how to live as a disciple. Throughout the turbulence of the past few years, many of us are asking big questions about our lives and our faith. We hope this series will help you unpack some of those big questions in ways that are honest and faithful. Throughout this season, we hope you will continually ask yourself: what am I seeking? What is God seeking?
This Lent, we invite you to engage in the spiritual practice of seeking. We encourage you to stay curious, open, and nimble. We hope you will soften your assumptions and expand your perspectives. We pray that these questions will create a safe space to explore—to be drawn more deeply into the fullness of life, into the heart of God.
- Ash Wednesday
Wednesday February 22- 12:00 pm & 7:00 pm. The 7:00PM service is intergenerational service for all ages.
- Ash Wednesday Labyrinth and Prayer Stations(February 22 - March 1)
Labyrinth and prayer stations are available in Faith United’s Chapel for a time of prayer and reflection during church office hours and activity hours
Holy Week and Easter Opportunities
- Palm/Passion Sunday. Sunday, April 2 at 8:30AM & 10:30AM.
Children's Palm Procession - all children are invited to participate!
Honor Jesus by donating new sheets, pillows, blankets for Hartville Migrant Ministry and/or new or clean and gently used coats for Faith Kitchen.
Click here for the donation list for Palm Sunday.
- Twas the Morning of Easter.
Outdoor Story Walk April 2-9. Walk through the story of Easter. Exercise body, mind, and spirit as you explore the meaning of Easter. Perfect for kids at heart!
- Holy Week Prayer Stations in Faith United's Chapel.
April 2-9. Experience Jesus' journey to the cross through scripture, prayer, reflection Stations of the Cross is a prayer experience for all ages.
Family Easter Story and Glowstick Story Walk
Wednesday, April 5 at 6:30pm, following Wednesday Dinner Worship. Easter service, craft and activities for kids of all ages and their families.
- Maundy Thursday - A Dramatic Dialogue.
April 6 at 7:00 PM.
- Good Friday
Friday, April 7 at 7:00 PM.
- Easter Sunday
April 9 at 8:30 AM and 10:30 AM.
Join Us For Lent Studies
- Lenten Visio Divina Art Study: Explore the art featured in the Seeking Lent series as we blend visual meditation with group discussion, insight from the artists, and bible study.
- Seven Words: Listening to Christ from the Cross: Tuesday Evening Women’s Study
- Children will be exploring the Bible stories of the season of Lent and the Lord’s Prayer
- Sunday mornings Celebrate Wonder Activities, 9:30am – 10:30am
- Wednesday Wonder Kids, 6:30pm – 7:30pm following Wednesday Dinner Worship
- Lent Kits with activities for kids and families are also available
Get Connected At Faith United
- Visit our Group's Page to learn more about other opportunities for Adult Connect Groups, Children and Youth Ministries that meet throughout the week for study, fellowship, service and mission.
- Lent Resources
Seeking: Honest Questions for Deeper Faith Lent Devotional Booklet and Daily Prayer Cards are available at the church or by email. (firstname.lastname@example.org)