What is a Stephen Minister?
- A child of God who walks beside a hurting person
- A caring Christian who really listens.
- A member of our congregation who has received 50 hours of training in how to provide distinctively Christian care.
- A person who is ready to focus on your needs.
- A trustworthy confidant who will keep everything you say--even your identity--confidential.
- Someone who will faithfully meet with you on a weekly basis for as long as your need persists.
A Stephen Minister is NOT
- A counselor or therapist
- A problem-solver
- Someone who runs errands or helps with chores.
- A casual visitor