The Walk: Five Essential Practices of the Christian Faith
"How do we walk with Christ—daily follow him, grow in him, and faithfully serve him? In the Gospels, Jesus modeled for us the Christian spiritual life. The apostles taught it in their writings. And the Church has, through the last 2,000 years, sought to pursue this Christian spiritual life. In The Walk, Adam Hamilton focuses on five essential spiritual practices that are rooted in Jesus’ own walk with God and taught throughout the New Testament. Each of these practices is intended as part of our daily walk with Christ while also being an essential part of growing together in the church. In each chapter, Hamilton explores one of these practices, its New Testament foundation, and what it looks like to pursue this practice daily in our personal life and together in the life of the church. Deepen your walk with Christ as we explore the five essential practices of worship, study, serving, giving, and bearing witness to our faith."
Adult Group Opportunities
- Sundays at 9:45am, via Zoom beginning January 10. Facilitator: Kim Reynolds
- Tuesdays at 10:30 am, via Zoom. Facilitators: Pam Wig, Judy McLaughlin, and Kathy Schmucker
- Tuesday Women’s Group at 6:30 pm, via Zoom beginning January 12. Facilitators: Sue Bell and Sue Schillings
- Wednesdays at 6:30 pm, alternating weeks via Zoom beginning January 13. Facilitator: Kathy Schmucker
- Wednesdays at 7:00 pm, via Zoom. Facilitator: Pastor Steve
- Thursdays at 6:30 pm, via Zoom beginning January 14. Facilitator: Pastor Jake
The youth will be studying The Walk during our weekly Wednesday Night programming. Join us at 6:30 each Wednesday for engaging discussion and connection!
Each week’s Sunday School Home Activities will have resources and activities for children and families to help kids learn about these vital spiritual practices in age-appropriate ways. Kids and families can learn and grow together! A monthly Zoom opportunity will also be available for kids and families.
This Week in Worship
"Walking with God: Five Essential Practices - Worship and Prayer"
Join us each week as we introduce our new series and share about the essential practices of worship and prayer in a sermon titled, "Walking With God: Five Essential Practices - Worship and Prayer.
Psalm 119:103-105 | 2 Timothy 3:10-17
This Week’s Essential Practice Focus – Read 5 Scripture Verses a Day.
Read scripture on your own or get connected with one of our Walk groups below to read, study and grow together. Listen for the word of God as you read
Continue praying fie times each day.